The Trent Queer Collective is hiring two coordinator positions for the coming academic year (September 2019-April 2020). In conjunction with our current coordinator, co-coordinators are responsible for the upkeep of the Trent Queer Collective, including organizing events, running social media, managing finances, and reaching out to partner organizations and the community.
An ideal candidate should have strong leadership skills and be able to complete self-directed goals. TQC coordinators must be knowledgeable of (or willing to research) general LGBTQ+ history and issues currently faced by members of the community. Knowledge and understanding of intersectional oppression is strongly recommended.
Applicants must be current undergraduate/graduate Trent University students. This position is non-TWSP and open to both domestic and international students. The coordinator position is maximum 10 hrs/week and pays $15/hr.
- events organization
- social media and publicity (including making posters)
- a minimum of 2 regular office hours per week
- a weekly 1 hr open meeting
- strong communication skills
- understanding of intersectional framework
- experience with Microsoft Suite (Office, Excel)
- graphic design experience
Previous anti-oppression training is encouraged, however all coordinators will be required to renew their training in the fall.